Every year an atmosphere of anticipation builds up as the movie lovers and fashion designers wait for the showdown of dresses on the red carpet of Oscars. Hundred of pictures of a single celebrity are taken as they pose for the camera while walking down the red carpet. The celebrities wear clothes which are sponsored by the designers, they chat away with the reporters about the nominees and of course, about the designer clothes that they are wearing explaining why they chose that specific dress. Like every year, this year, the dresses were absolutely gorgeous and will be remembered for a long time to come, as they are marked down in the history of Oscars 2012.
if you like this Article, you Might be interested on Top 10 Most Anticipated OSCARS of 2012.
10. Emma Stone wore a simple yet striking red dress. The dress however was quite similar to the one Nicole Kidman wore five years ago.
9. Gwyneth Paltrow was in a simple white gown with a soft cape which was a part of Tom Ford’s latest collection.
8. Michelle Williams wore a red frock with frills and added a necklace, which gave her a very elegant look.
7. Cameron Diaz was wearing a fit fishtail strapless Gucci Premiere off-white gown shimmering at the bottom.
6. Angelina Jolie stood out in a daring black velvet Atelier Versace dress with a zig-zag type of fashion to it down the front. Her bold posing for the cameras has become the central topic of gossip on twitter and got the record hits in the first hour of being posted.
5. Natlie Portman added a dimond necklace and a black clutch to her polka-dotted, strapless, waist-defining vintage dress from designer Haute Couture Christian Dior from 1935 and without a doubt looked hot.
4. Penelope Cruz kept to the Oscars tradition and wore an off-the-shoulder Armani lavender ball gown, with a beautiful necklace and matching earrings.
3. Jennifer Lopez wore a ’70s inspired silver fishtail frock by Zuhair Murad which showed off her figure, she kept with her classic smoked natural look for makeup.
2. Sandra Bullock wore a monochrome Marchesa gown, which included a gold center of a floral type pattern. This pattern was also present on her dress shoulders and it brought together the whole look of her dress.
1. Jessica Chastain looked spectacular in her gold and black gown by Sarah Burton for Alexander McQueen. She stood out because of the elegant work done on her gown in gold and also for breaking the trend of wearing white and red as done by most celebrities.