Summer period is usually associated with hot weather conditions that force many people to increase intake of fluids to counter body dehydration and look for other ways of relaxing. Those living near beaches will normally head there to swim and relax. For those living inland, swimming pools become the obvious places to visit for that deserved swim.Different establishments across the globe have constructed swimming pools for use by their clients, particularly during summer. While some are standard pools that are constructed indoors, others are constructed in the open and themed. Such are picturesque, providing visitors and swimmers the opportunity to enjoy water activities while appreciating what nature provides. While some indoors pools are also picturesque, those constructed near beaches and deep in forests are more attractive.
1. Seychelles boasts one of the most picturesque pools in the world. The Fregate Island Private Resort has a big pool that is strategically constructed for the benefit of both locals and tourists. The pool offers a majestic and picturesque view of the Indian Ocean. The ecology around is simply breathtaking in addition to the calmness that prevails. Swimming in the pool gives one the impression that he/she is actually swimming in the ocean. In order to cater for the needs of tourists, several villas and accommodation facilities are available nearby.
2. Measuring over one hundred feet at its lowest side and in excess of half a mile in length, the San Alfonso Del Mar pool in Chile is not only the largest pool in the world but also one of the most picturesque. It is also the largest crystalline water pool according to the Guinness World of Records. The over sixty million gallons of water required to fill the pool is pumped from the Pacific Ocean then purified before being let into the pool.
3. The Reethi Rah Swimming Pool in Maldive Islands is definitely one of the most picturesque pools one can find. Surrounded by landscaped gardens, the pool is popular among honeymooners and couples who appreciate the privacy and calmness the pool provides. The bright shades of blue visible in the water is simply breathtaking.
4. Although constructed into a roof top, the Marina Bay Sands Hotel Swimming Pool in Singapore is also one of the most picturesque pools in the world. Measuring five hundred feet long and over six hundred feet above the ground, the pool offers a breathtaking view of the city and its horizons. Swimming in the pool gives one the impression that he/she is about to swim beyond the edge of the building to the open space beyond.
5. The Hayman Great Barrier Reef Resort Swimming Pool in Queensland Australia is definitely another picturesque swimming pool in the world. Constructed to exceed the Olympic swimming pool by up to seven times in width, the pool features a smaller fresh-water pool at the center. The outer pool is constructed to look like a lagoon and has salty water. The pool offers visitations and a perfect view of the sea.
6. The Infinity Indoor Swimming Pool at the Crown Towers Hotel in Taipa Island in Macau is very picturesque. From its location high up, pool offers a breathtaking view of the skyline.
7. The Nemo Diving Swimming Pool in Belgium is not only picturesque; it is the world’s deepest indoor swimming pool. The pool measures about 33 meters in depth complete with several man-made underwater caves.
8. The Playboy’s Swimming Pool located in Hugh Hefner Villa in Las Vegas offers an amazing view of Las Vegas Strip, making it one of the top ten picturesque swimming pools in the world.
9. Measuring three hundred meters in length and one hundred meters in width, the Ocean Dome Swimming Pool in Miyazaki is not only picturesque but also the largest indoor swimming pool in the world. The pool features man-made volcano, clouds with a sky-blue roof. It also features waves that is artificially generated
10. Located at the border between Zambia and Zimbabwe, the Devil’s Pool on Victoria Falls is not only picturesque but also one of the very few natural swimming pools in the world. At a height of about 360 feet, the swimming pool sits on a natural large rock with very calm water.